Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/membri/vige/forum/Sources/SayThanks.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/membri/ninjatest4/:/membri2/ninjatest4/:/membri/.dummy/) in /membri/ninjatest4/Sources/Load.php on line 318
Closed-Alpha

Author Closed-Alpha  (Read 8131 times)

Offline [F]Ninja™

• VIGE Founder
  • Forum Legend
  • Last Login:November 01, 2020, 12:21:17 AM
  • Sniper Legends
    • Virtual Interactive Games Entertainment
    • Awards
  • Awards Member of the Sniper Legends official clan.
Closed-Alpha
« on: March 07, 2014, 01:29:26 PM »
We are working hard to release the first demo-version ASAP!
The following versions will come right after: Open-Alpha, Closed-Beta, Open-Beta and then the official game client will be released!

We will post the download links whenever they will be available.

-In order to download the game you must register to the forum as the game credentials will be the same as the forum ones.
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

"This is 10% luck, 20% skill
15% concentrated power of will
5% pleasure, 50% pain
And 100% reason to remember the name!"
Fort Minor ~ Remember the name

Offline [F]Nayabinghi93™

• DubKing
  • Forum Legend
  • Banned!
  • Last Login:November 28, 2014, 04:31:37 PM
  • Svapatore DOC
    • Awards
Re:Closed-alpha
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 04:57:41 PM »
PS: all noobs are kindly asked not to download the client. LoL (jk)

- Nayabinghi93

Administrator Comment Edited to translate it into the English language.
Nayabinghi93™
C# ♥

Offline [F]Ninja™

• VIGE Founder
  • Forum Legend
  • Sniper Legends
    • Awards
Re:Closed-alpha
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 05:02:24 PM »
PS: all noobs are kindly asked not to download the client. LoL (jk)

- Nayabinghi93

5% pleasure, 50% pain

Offline DevosaAzura

• User
  • Last Login:December 19, 2014, 06:45:40 AM
  • "That's the secret to life.......Wait what?"
    • Awards
Re: Closed-Alpha
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 06:50:05 PM »
any news on the game there. Haven't checked in a while.

Offline [F]Ninja™

• VIGE Founder
  • Forum Legend
  • Sniper Legends
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 07:53:18 PM »
I noticed :/ we are having troubles but not on our side.
1) PayPal service is crap because nobody in Italy can currently reload his card and pay for stuff so we can't move the site to the new host and do the necessary things until that is fixed... And we have no ETA about it! You have no idea about how angry I am...
2) I am still working on the site and the legal stuff, I know "what" to do, but it's terribly long because writing the Terms of Use of such a beast isn't easy. I know where to take them from but I also need to add/remove some things.
3) I have a changelog about what I am doing (something like 80 new versions in 10 days...) but it's hidden to the public until I turn the portal maintenance mode off, and I can't do it because it's missing a lot of stuff :/
4) Since I can't recharge my PayPal I can't pay for the Unity packages that we need, either, and as a result of this we can't release the game until those funny guys fix their awful service.

Disclaimer: these are just my personal opinions, I am not talking as a VIGE director for the above.

As you can see unfortunately I can't do much... I will have to wait until they fix it or either I will be at my gf's and ask for her parents' credit card to pay the stuff we need. It sucks both ways, but I can't help it :(

P.s. The new URL will probably be http://virtualinteractivege.com which sounds better to us, without that "altervista" thingy. We will send a global email when the change will be done, as soon as we possibly can.

5% pleasure, 50% pain

Offline DevosaAzura

• User
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 05:16:39 AM »
I know exactly what you mean. Paypal is such garbage have you tried other services yet? I used to use paypal myself but I just got blatantly tired of them and stopped using them and used other options instead.  I mean I always tried to put a balance on it and they always put a delay on it for some reason for me either taking it out or putting it in.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 05:21:49 AM by DevosaAzura »

Offline [F]Ninja™

• VIGE Founder
  • Forum Legend
  • Sniper Legends
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 09:41:13 PM »
I can't help it because I must pay with that or either a credit card (that I don't have and can't really make it :() my best bets are:
1) waiting for PayPal to fix that garbage, because it's really a garbage you are very right;
2) waiting until I go to my gf's on the 26 December to pay with her parents' credit card (or well, ask them if I could), perhaps. And even then it will be a mess because our domain is expiring at the beginning of January and I will have to: move the domain on GoDaddy (ONLY the domain, not the files) and renew it, move the files and the database to a friend's host that will be giving us a very good host.

So basically we have to wait because of PayPal and because GoDaddy doesn't have any other payment system that I could use at the moment :/ * our own payment system will be much better, since it's already undergoing testing :D at least, that works. In the meantime I am dealing with bureaucratic stuff that is quite boring, still have to do the legal agreement.. I never liked legal stuff at all, personally. Being the one that has to do it doesn't make me particularly happy :P I feel so bored while doing it. At least it will be flawless (hopefully), it will be a bit different than usual though - for instance nobody grants that there are no viruses in their programs, we will :| it sounds so stupid and I can't understand why 90% of legal agreements provide the software "as is" with no warranties. It's a game, it MUST be virus-free O.o the only exception would be in the unlikely event that some hacker gets his way into our server and puts a virus in it but... It's seriously unlikely going to happen.
I'm currently trying to figure out if there was a way to publish the changelog without turning the maintenance mode off but I don't think so, it would require a major overhaul of the code...
At least the themes are completely done in the meantime. I think that I might change a few icons but they are finally fixed, they had a ton of bugs in the beginning... You will see the changelog when it will be released, such a mess ;D now they are fine.

I know I know it's a little off-topic but I wanted to clarify that we are doing something else in the meantime while waiting for those guys :)

5% pleasure, 50% pain

Offline DevosaAzura

• User
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 11:31:38 PM »
K man will be waiting till then. Hope paypal will decide to change their issues which has been around for damned years. I am very surprised paypal is still even around, but then again we make it worth something so its mostly our faults and everyone else's :|. I don't understand why they would only take paypal or a credit card really. I think I would be more open to more options than just those.

Offline [F]Ninja™

• VIGE Founder
  • Forum Legend
  • Sniper Legends
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 06:46:34 AM »
Well on our side we will, definitely. The payment system we are working on will wrap all possible kinds of gateways :P it will cost quite a bit but we hope that being very effective will please users enough :) And they also accept some kind of prepaid card that is probably available only in the US, since I am Italian I can't possibly use that either.

As regards PayPal... Yes :( I don't know why GoDaddy is not accepting bank transfers for example... I would have already done that otherwise :/ what we want to avoid with our payment system is exactly this: people wanting to pay but without being able to do it.

5% pleasure, 50% pain

Offline [F]Ninja™

• VIGE Founder
  • Forum Legend
  • Sniper Legends
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 09:38:22 PM »
I am bumping because I have big news here.
So my mother managed to find a place where I could recharge my PayPal so I am finally setting up the domain at GoDaddy, we are now waiting for the green light from our former host (which was hosting our domain as well). After that I will be able to get the domain done, then I will upload the whole forum to our new host (BurkeKnight Enterprises) and then again I will point the relative nameservers to GoDaddy in order to have the right URL and... Well it's complicated but it will work :P
I will also edit the copyright and add it there because it's an awesome webhosting, and a friend :)

5% pleasure, 50% pain

Offline DownFall

• Intermediate user
  • Last Login:December 19, 2014, 01:20:09 AM
    • Awards
  • Awards Awarded user for having asked something very useful or pointed out missing informations.
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 12:33:35 AM »
Woohoo! No more .altervista!
"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right."
-Henry Ford

"Apparently I'm supposed to say something, so, umm, Hi?"
-DownFall

Offline [F]Ninja™

• VIGE Founder
  • Forum Legend
  • Sniper Legends
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 01:10:23 AM »
Yeah indeed :D the url will probably be http://virtualinteractivege.com/index.php or something similar. I will be posting a topic when the forum will be moved and you will receive an announcement email about it.
I got in touch with the tech guys and I just need the green light from altervista in order to proceed and then they will move the domain. The files... Well it will take me a whole day to download and upload all of them because I will have to do that manually...
The most annoying thing will be restoring all forum links due to the URL change, I will have to go through each post and admin option to check and correct the links. Probably all images will be broken and I will need to fix their paths for instance, the avatars will be ok, but any other link will be corrupted. I figure that it will take a couple of hours then I will do the announcement, the site will stay online here until the announcement, then it will be shut down and will work only at the new address ;)

5% pleasure, 50% pain

Offline DevosaAzura

• User
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 06:44:16 AM »
Glade to hear everything is back on track looking forward now.

Offline [F]Ninja™

• VIGE Founder
  • Forum Legend
  • Sniper Legends
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 06:53:32 PM »
I would be glad as well if it wasn't for another problem related to Nayabinghi93, there are some internal troubles and I'm a bit worried about it. Will try to figure out how to proceed in any way, with or without him. Do note that if he leaves the development team the game will be dramatically delayed because I will have to look for somebody else before being able to continue...
I'm *really* looking forward to releasing the game and I wish that I could solve all these problems but unfortunately I solved ALL the ones that were up to me and even some more of them which were not assigned to me... I hate depending on someone because I'm never sure that they will do the job with the same accuracy that I would use. :( I will carry on, anyway, whatever it takes.
The problem right now is mainly doing the multiplayer network, it's one of the hardest things that can be made with the Unity engine.

5% pleasure, 50% pain